it’s been a while. But I am still on the project. Writing server side code via unitys new cloud code. Preventing cheating by never trusting the client. I am about to have the current mechanics covered soon. There will be a back and forth how I bundled the data on server side. A lot to learn!
Beeing stuck on setting up the google auth service in the internal test track. Playing around with keystores somehow I got 2 different ones, one maybe was the debug one before I had a keystore file. Also there is the OAuth 2 Consent screen and the credentials. Not sure.. But I keep trieng, thats no fun part tough.
Posted this 1 month ago into the unity forum hasn’t get much feedback / resonance. This would require some development investment but would pay of tenfold, they could also buy a company like xsolla to speed that up. See the details in the image below or press the link to the forum post.
But their profits would increase dramatically with the current bear market and their stock beeing down to 48$ this is a huge wasted opportunity for them. I would love to see them rise again and ever far beyond their current all time high.
Here the idea:
Specially for industries which currently do NOT have their own stores, like for example the health sector, this would enable them to also use in app purchases which currently they can’t.
So currently I setup the login popup. So far I worked with anonymous mode only for the developement. But its time to add google play and facebook so the save game can be used on other devices in future. Building this ui is setup work which isn’t the most exciting but has to be right and solid. These new unity services are currently still in beta but should be a couple of months in production when the game launches.
Decided to use a banner ad or atleast to be ready for it UI wise, since unitys mediation (beta) does not support banner ads right now but might be in future. As for orcs x banner ad revenue was 30% and I don’t want to waste any oppertunity to increase the ARPU. (average revenue per user) I will have to adapt the already created UIs. (Settings, store, sawmill, shipwreck)
I could not work much myself the last couple days but Sebastian was busy optimizing the Peon and Chieftain mesh to only use around 30% of the polys they had before. Also both are on the same gradient texture now. Every poly counts on mobile!